Celebrate Summer in Healthy Ways
Summer is a wonderful time to get out and sending quality time with your family and friends. Ensuring your time is spent in healthy ways is simply and easy. Below are some quick tips on healthy ways to celebrate summer.
- Attend a firework show as a family. Many of our local communities have firework shows throughout the summer. Pack some chairs or blankets, a few snacks and enjoy some time relaxing.
- Go to a parade. This is a great opportunity to spend some time with your family.
- Make some delicious but simply treats. The internet is loaded with tons of healthy; summer treats that are simply to make. Whether it is popsicles, fruit salad or a yummy dessert.
- Have a picnic or barbeque. Invite your friends, family, loved ones to all bring a dish and spend the afternoon laughing and enjoying each other’s company.
- Fun for all. Choose activities that are age appropriate and fun for the kids as well as the adults. Sidewalk chalk can be used to decorate and Glow in the Dark accessories can be lots of fun too!
Remember to keep the focus on safe and quality family time that promotes healthy fun!